Dynasty Five 2013 Mock Draft Jul 9, 2013 17:00:35 GMT
Post by Kevin Ware on Jul 9, 2013 17:00:35 GMT
DYNASTY FIVE 2013 MOCK DRAFT
1. Houston Rockets[/b][/size] - Anthony Bennett
Despite missing the playoffs, Houston has a solid core in place. Jrue Holiday, Kawhi Leonard, and Marc Gasol are all under contract for next year. Should the Rockets decided to resign OJ Mayo, their biggest hole would be at the PF position. Drafting Anthony Bennett would give the Rockets a versatile scorer to pair with typical defensive player of the year candidate, Marc Gasol.
2. Cleveland Cavaliers[/b][/size] - Victor Oladipo
It remains to be seen what the Cavs plan to do with an expiring Andrew Bynum. However, if they choose to bring him back, the combination of Andrew Bynum and Victor Oladipo would give Cleveland a solid core to begin rebuilding around. Unlike Houston, Cleveland still has a lot of work to do before becoming competitive so a player like Oladipo could help bring a winning attitude back to Cleveland.
3. Charlotte Bobcats[/b][/size] - Ben McLemore
The Bobcats are hoping they have their PG of the future in Kemba Walker so the addition of Ben McLemore would create a potentially devastating backcourt to build around. The NBA is becoming increasing reliant on guards so the addition of a player with McLemore's potential could be a huge help to the Bobcats going forward.
4. Orlando Magic[/b][/size] - Alex Len
GM Blake Bowman of the Orlando Magic made it clear that if he won the lottery, Alex Len would be his pick. Although the Magic ended up with the 4th pick in the draft, Len is likely to still be available.
5. Cleveland Cavaliers[/b][/size] - Otto Porter
After picking up Oladipo with their first pick, look for the Cavs to consider Porter with the 5th pick. Assuming they draft Oladipo, the cavs would now be set with a solid defensive starting line-up consisting of Kyle Lowry, Victor Oladipo, Otto Porter, Larry Sanders, and Andrew Bynum.
6. Atlanta Hawks[/b][/size] - Cody Zeller
A potential combination of Cody Zeller and Al Horford could become very solid. Atlanta may be looking to make a playoff push next year and Zeller brings some immediate help. Also note that Cody's brother, Tyler, already plays for the Hawks.
7. Sacramento Kings[/b][/size] - Nerlens Noel
Between Lillard, Westbrook, and Gordon, the Kings have a loaded backcourt. Knowing this, the Kings most likely won't be able to pass up the defensive potential a healthy Noel could bring.
8. Milwaukee Bucks[/b][/size] - Kelly Olynyk
Despite missing the playoffs, the Bucks have a very bright future and their starting line-up appears to be set. Look for them to take Olynyk to provide some depth and scoring at the PF/C position.
9. Golden State Warriors[/b][/size] - Shabazz Muhammad
The Warriors are set at every position except maybe SF. While there are many questions surrounding him, Muhammad's potential as a scorer will prove to much to pass up.
10. Washington Wizards[/b][/size] - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
The Wizards only have 2 players who are guaranteed to return next season. Look for them to take the best talent available to tem with this pick.
11. Utah Jazz[/b][/size] - CJ McCollum
The Jazz have are in need of a young 2 guard and will most likely be interested in the experienced young combo guard out of Lehigh, CJ McCollum.
12. Minnesota Timberwolves[/b][/size] - Trey Burke
Despite having their PG of the future in Ricky Rubio, someone had to eventually take Burke and the Timberwolves won't be able to pass up his talent.
13. Washington Wizards[/b][/size] - Michael Carter-Williams
As mentioned, the Wizards need to fill out their roster with young talent and will continue to draft the best available player with each of their picks.
14. Minnesota Timberwolves[/b][/size] - Giannis Antetokounmpo
Giannis may not be much help for a few years but his size combined with guard like skills will make him a very intriguing option at this point in the draft.
15. Philadelphia 76ers[/b][/size] - Sergey Karasev
16. Houston Rockets[/b][/size] - Lucas Nogueira
17. Phoenix Suns[/b][/size] - Steven Adams
18. Brooklyn Nets[/b][/size] - Tony Snell
19. Washington Wizards[/b][/size] - Reggie Bullock
20. Houston Rockets[/b][/size] - Dennis Schröder
21. New York Knicks[/b][/size] - Solomon Hill
22. LA Lakers[/b][/size] - Shane Larkin
23. LA Lakers[/b][/size] - Tim Hardaway, Jr.
24. Philadelphia 76ers[/b][/size] - Mason Plumlee
25. Boston Celtics[/b][/size] - Gorgui Dieng
26. Philadelphia 76ers[/b][/size] - Allen Crabbe
27. Detroit Pistons[/b][/size] - Tony Mitchell
28. Oklahoma City Thunder[/b][/size] - Jamaal Franklin
29. Miami Heat[/b][/size] - Isaiah Canaan
30. Chicago Bulls[/b][/size] - Erick Green